Questions for your healthcare team
When you first learn about your diagnosis, you may have many questions. This list of questions can help you start a conversation with your healthcare team. Throughout your cancer experience you may have many more questions or may not be ready to learn the answer to certain questions. Your healthcare team will work with you to give you as much information as you need.
- It is important to arm yourself with information so that you can confidently proceed with your treatment plan.
- Be your own advocate! Discuss multiple options with your team and decide which is best for YOU!
- Do not be afraid to ask for a second opinion! It may help you make the best treatment decision.
- Having a loved one attend meetings with your healthcare team to help you keep track what was discussed at each meeting.
- Keep a cancer journal throughout your treatment to document what was discussed at each meeting and record questions for future meetings. A journal can also be used to keep track of appointment dates and test results which will assist you and your healthcare team in tracking your progress. Many healthcare centres offer a cancer journal free of charge.